If you want to save pennies and still get out and about this season, check out The Point’s autumn programme. We’ve got a whole bunch of brilliant things to see and do from a Bavarian inspired Beer Festival to nostalgia-inducing theatre.
1) Once a month you’re invited to The Point’s Board Game Café. A celebration of multi-player card and board games, this free event is a busy affair packed with a whole bunch of games from indie titles to mainstream favourites. Alongside food and drink deals aplenty, this is a must-do for all gamers.
2) Relive 1997 with Edinburgh Fringe favourites The Wardrobe Ensemble on Wednesday 18th October. This is nostalgia-filled theatre at its very best; expect Furbies, honourable Tamagotchi mentions and enough satirical politics to see you through until 2018. Tickets are just £12 with £8 student prices and you can meet the cast and creative team after over a bev (or two) in The Point’s Atrium.
3) Autumn might have only just begun but Christmas is still on the brain. Celebrate the season in style: beer in hand, street food in the other, while a live band plays tunes only acceptable during the festive months. With a selection of seasonal brews and actors in fancy dress this is truly Christmas personified (promise). Tickets to our new-for-2017 Christmas Beer Fest are £10.
4) This season we’ve teamed up with SoCo Music Project to present a series of acoustic nights in the shape of The Foyer Sessions. See local musicians for FREE over a drink from a selection of craft ales and wines from our newly refurbed Café Bar.
5) Celebrate individuality with us and Milk Presents on Saturday 21st October as drag king Lucy Jane Parkinson plays Joan of Arc – history’s greatest underdog. Expect rule-bending theatre in this, the celebrated cabaret from The Point’s ex Associate Artists. Tickets are just £12 / £10 for students.
Check out our What’s On page for more details.