Share Copy link to this page
We'll be continuing PYDC sessions online after half-term. Sessions can be bought as a half-term block at £35 using the button below, or you can choose to pay as you go each week.
We are proud to be a regional powerhouse for contemporary dance; supporting and inspiring dancers at all stages of their training. Contemporary dance offers a creative performance style fusing ideas from a wide range of dance techniques. Dancers can join with no other dance training, or following training in another style, such as ballet, jazz, folk or street dance.
Our dancers enjoy learning new things, pushing boundaries, developing ideas and working as an ensemble to create new and exciting performances. Our Point Youth Dance Companies are non-audition based contemporary dance classes open for young people aged 8-18 years.
Year Group Focus:
8-11's – exploring creativity, foundations of technique, developing skills to work together as a company.
12-15's – developing expression and accuracy, progression of technical skills and balance.
15-18's – confidence in body and mind, development of contemporary technique and creativity, growing connections with ensemble and audience.
1. Download and set up Zoom. This is a free app and is suitable for use on laptops/computers/iPads and mobile phones, (our dancers tend to find that a laptop or iPad works slightly better due to the larger screen size).
2. Ahead of your class you will receive a Zoom link and a meeting password via email.
3. Before your class is due to start, simply click on the link which will take you to the Zoom class. Enter the password and you will then find yourself in the virtual waiting room, make sure you leave at least five minutes before in case you have any problems logging in.
4. When we see your name in the waiting room we will admit you into the class and your class tutor will welcome you to the class!
* All ticket prices are inclusive of a £1 restoration levy
Booking Information and class sizes:
We do require a minimum number in each class for it to be viable to run. In the event that there are not enough bookings for your class to go ahead we will contact you as early as possible and organise a full refund.
Payment must be made by midday at the latest on the day of the class you wish to attend to allow time for Zoom information and details to be sent out in advance.
BOOK YOUR TICKET
PRICESBook Your Place: £7