Do you create performance for outdoor festivals?
Do you have work ready for Summer 2020 or an idea you would like to try out?
If yes, then we would love to hear from you!
Funded by Arts Council England, Eastleigh Unwrapped Festival is now in its eighth year, providing a day of exciting free outdoor performance on Leigh Road Recreation Ground next to The Point, Eastleigh. With over 3,000 audience members attending the day it’s the perfect place to share your next idea.
We would like to offer Eastleigh Unwrapped as a first outing for a piece of work and are specifically seeking small scale static and/or walkabout work that can work in our outdoor spaces. Performing alongside a number of high profile companies this opportunity could support the development of your show.
What we are looking for:
- Work that is accessible to new family audiences, that is entertaining, fun and dynamic
- Any art form including dance, theatre, circus, street art, storytelling, music
- Preferably with audience interaction
- 15-20minutes of work-in-progress/ scratch ideas that could be repeated during the day
- Minimal technical support required
What do you receive?
- Up to £200 expenses paid
- Up to two slots within the programme
- Feature on the Eastleigh Unwrapped website and social media platforms
- A high profile platform to showcase ideas
- Feedback (if desired) from Point members of staff and audience members
- Invitation to the Unwrapped VIP breakfast
Please send an expression of interest, no longer than 1 side of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org with examples of any previous work and contact details.
For more information about our festival, Eastleigh and its two theatre venues, visit:
Deadline for submission: Friday 6th March
Date of outcome: Wednesday 1st April
You must be free to perform on Saturday 20th June.
Please note we cannot provide accommodation.