Associate Artist 2018/19 callout
We are seeking applications from early career artists interested in joining The Point’s Associate Artist programme from April 2018. The one-year programme aims to support the creative practice and organisational development of emerging makers/practitioners who are keen to progress to the next stage and work with us to develop their practice further.
"Our company has developed more in four months than it did in a whole year before we arrived here. It gives you time and space to make mistakes, take risks, have fun and grow as a company" - Milk Presents
During a structured period of support, we aim to enable artists to develop artistically and identify appropriate markets for their work.
What we are looking for & benefits of being an Associate Artist at The Point
- Four artists or companies working in a performance context, which can include theatre, circus, dance, aerial dance, integrated arts and outdoor arts
-As the programme is only 12 months in duration beginning April 2018, we are looking for ambitious and hungry artists who will hit the ground running and challenge us to help them reach their aims in that time
-Talented makers with a strong vision, and a clear sense of artistic direction as well as an understanding of the sector
- You must have produced and presented at least one publicly performed work
- There are a host of benefits of being an Associate Artist at The Point ranging from one-to-one mentoring, administrative and technical support, networking and performance opportunities and access to seed funding.
In return we ask that artists get involved in the venue throughout the year, conduct open rehearsals and Q&As, and act as active ambassadors for the organisation.
If you wish to apply you are required to submit the following by Thursday 30th November 2017 at 12 noon:
- A brief biography (max 300 words) or relevant CV
- An artistic statement (one side of A4) to include:
- An outline of key projects to date
- Details of plans for a project to be undertaken during the associateship with a relevant timeline
- Why you want to be an Associate Artist at The Point and how you would engage with its creative community
- An example of your work, submitted by DVD or video or images online
Completed applications should be sent by Thursday 30th November 2017 to:
Associate Artist 2018-19
or via email with Associate Artist in the subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected artists will be invited to interview in January 2018
Come and Visit
If you would like to find out more and have a tour of the building you are invited to join us from 6pm on either Thursday 2nd November or Friday 24th November
You will have the chance to hear more about the Associate Artist programme over a glass of wine, before watching our Headline/Support evening featuring Protein Dance (2nd) or our current associates Theatre Re with a work-in-progress of their new work BIRTH (24th).
The Point is also searching for @HOME artists. Find out more here.
Previous artists supported by The Point have gone on to become Arts Council National Portfolio Organisations (ZoieLogic) to win Fringe First Awards (Milk Presents), Total Theatre Awards (Two Destination Language) receive commissions including Shift and Share (Joli Vyann) as well as plugging into touring networks across the UK.